Outline the role of feedback with the learning process.
• Know the difference between:
– Knowledge of results (KR) vs. Knowledge of Performance (KP)
– Most obvious form of KR is visual (self recognized or w/assistance)
• The most obvious form of KP is the “feel” of the movement (i.e recognition of the sensory consequences)
– It can be concurrent
– Terminal feedback via a coach or video review
**Feedback can also be positive or negative
Reinforcement of learning:
Motivation: we all like praise from those we perceive as being important. Failure of coaches giving praise can result in loss of self-confidence in the players. Too much praise can have a negative effect in that the words end up meaning nothing or they learner will begin not to perceive them at all.
Adaptation of Performance: prescriptive feedback (performer need to be told what to do in order to improve performance)